Aptus Broadband Installation Engineer
Location: Bagenalstown, Carlow (office/field based, covering Carlow and South East.)
Salary: € Negotiable DOE
Apply to: email@example.com
Due to business success and network expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a Broadband Installation Engineer to join our Broadband Installation Team.
Aptus Broadband is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) based on the south east specializing in Wireless Broadband for Rural Areas. Aptus Broadband offer a wide range of high-quality broadband and telephone services for both business and residential client in rural areas.
Are you an enthusiastic person with experience of working in the Broadband, Telecoms or Electrical industry with an interest in computers and technology? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate company offering an exciting working environment, with an opportunity to play a key role in a progressive Broadband Company, with many opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and experience.
The main functions for this role will involve the installation and support of Wireless Broadband.
- Installing Wireless Broadband Equipment for new clients.
- Cabling and testing new customer connections.
- Upgrading existing customer equipment to NGA equipment.
- Assisting customers with Computer / Wifi Configuration.
- Documenting all work completed.
- Managing stock and materials.
- Representing the company in the best possible light.
- Maintaining company vehicle and tools.
- Giving safety priority over everything else.
Key Skills Required
- An electrical qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Have a strong background in running cables.
- Have experience with and be comfortable working at heights.
- Understand safety around working at heights.
- Be technically minded with strong troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving basic technical issues.
- Have an interest and understanding of computers.
- An understanding WiFi and Wireless is a big advantage.
- A proactive and positive approach to tasks.
- Strong customer service skills, with previous experience in a customer focused role.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive and professional ability dealing with internal and external customers.
- Extremely organised, with high attention to detail and a strong work ethic.
- A mature outlook with proven ability to deal with problems and solve them effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a team.
- Be available for on call work.
- A full clean driving license.