Broadband Installation Engineer
Aptus Broadband is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP) based on the south east specializing in wireless broadband for rural areas. Aptus Broadband offers phone and broadband services for both homes and businesses in Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford, Laois, Tipperary and Wicklow.
Are you an enthusiastic person with experience working in the Broadband, Telecoms or Electrical industry with an interest in computers and technology? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate company offering an exciting working environment, with an opportunity to play a key role in a progressive Broadband Company, with many opportunities to develop your knowledge, skills and experience.
The main functions of this role will involve the installation of wireless broadband connections at customer premises.
- Installing Wireless Broadband Equipment for new clients
- Cabling and testing new customer connections
- Upgrading existing customer equipment to NGA equipment
- Assisting customers with Computer / Wi-Fi Configuration
- Documenting all work completed
- Managing stock and materials
- Representing the company in the best possible light
- Maintaining company vehicle and tools
- Giving safety priority over everything else
Key Skills Required
- Have a strong background in running cables
- Have experience with and be comfortable working at heights
- Understand safety around working at heights
- Be technically minded with strong troubleshooting skills
- Have an interest and understanding of computers
- An understanding Wi-Fi and Wireless is a big advantage
- A proactive and positive approach to tasks
- A mature outlook with proven ability to deal with problems and solve them effectively
- A full clean driving license
- Be available for on call work
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
If you think you are this person, we are interested in meeting you. Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for applications is October 31st 2019.